News for Wildcats, by Wildcats.

The Paw Print

Wildcats look forward to spring sports

Seniors Jessie Becker and Lauryn Vela both will look to make the most of their final semester at Normal West.

Glenn Kinley and Morgan Klante, Staff Reporters

With both girls and boys basketball season now over and the weather getting warmer, the student body at Normal West is shifting its attention to the upcoming spring sports.

The boys and girls track teams have already had meets, the baseball and softball teams have been determined, and boys tennis practice is starting this week, so there is plenty to be excited about around Normal West.

We hit the hallways of Normal West to discover exactly what student’s of Normal West were looking forward to in the sports world this spring. Luckily, we had the opportunity to talk to various athletes who are competing this spring.

Wade Anderson and Nick Watson are both senior student-athletes who enjoy supporting Normal West athletics as much as possible.ompeting in their own spring sport this year.

River Float and Jessie Becker who are on the boys and girls track team, respectively, both expressed their excitement for competing in their final season this spring. “I’m looking forward to chasing awards and seeing what I can do for my senior year,” Flot said.

Another spring sport athlete we caught up with was senior baseball player Nick Watson. Watson said he is looking forward to see what him and his team can accomplish this spring for his final season of Normal West baseball. “It’s my senior year and I can’t wait to be out on the field competing this fall.”

Junior Hayden Bowlin and Senior Lauryn Vela also mentioned baseball being a sport they are excited to watch this spring. “I used to play baseball and I still really enjoy watching it. Hopefully our team will be good this year,” Bowlin said.

Wade Anderson, a senior on the boys soccer team this past fall, said despite his soccer career at Normal West being over, he plans to be at a lot of the girls soccer games coming up. “They always supported the boys team, so I’ll definitely be there to root them on whenever I can,” Anderson said.

On a separate note, Molly Alvis said she looks forward to making lots of good memories and having fun with her friends who are on the fishing team this spring. “I love being on the fishing team,” Alvis said.

No matter what sport you like best, there are plenty of opportunities for students to get out and support their school this spring.

• Wildcats look forward to spring sports

Showcase

Normal Parks and Recreation’s Summer Theatre Program prepares for summer musicals

Showcase

Epiphany Farms shows students where their food comes from

Showcase

Slim Chickens becomes newest restaurant rage in Bloomington-Normal

Entertainment

13 reasons why you shouldn’t watch ‘13 Reason Why’

Showcase

Boys baseball’s potential, progress shines in Alabama

Showcase

Mrs. Gramley impacts West

Feature

Melody Holland competes at FCCLA state conference

Feature

FCCLA members hope for strong finish

Feature

West students have their own courtroom

Boys Swimming

Normal West boys swim team get ready for the end of the season

News for Wildcats, by Wildcats.
Wildcats look forward to spring sports